Thursday, October 6, 2022

Last night in our favourite spot





That night,

We were at this spot,

Talking and planning about our future,

Together.


You didn't want it to end,

30 minutes wasn't enough for us that night,

I imagined we would have that kind of conversation,

Thinking we would have plenty of time to discuss this together,

Forever.


My favourite spot,

While watching my favourite view,

With my favourite person.


Little did I know,

That night was our last night together.


Tonight,

Is my last night,

At our favourite spot,

Thinking about how I would live without you.

Or, to be specific,

Without love anymore.


It was drizzling here,

The sound of rain hitting the roof,

Is the exact sound of my heartbeat,

Empty and echoing,

Longing for you.


As I was watching the road,

Watching the cars passing by,

I was still hoping that you would come here again,

There would be your car that I saw,

And standing again at our favourite spot,

And talking about us again.


I don't want to leave this spot,

As I don't want to leave us,

My heart is screaming,

Screaming for you to come back again.

But I am powerless,

My screaming doesn't reach your heart, nor your instinct,

Maybe it's a sign I really have to let it go.

Though I was still hoping for you to return to me.


Take care,

I'll take my heart together home,

I'm sorry I didn't leave it here,

As I wanted it to be close to me,

Forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment