Thursday, September 15, 2022

I found a poem that is relatable with me :(

Probably friends,

Possibly lovers.

But definitely,

Not nothing.


Those were the three thoughts in my mind the first time your path crossed mine,

When I saw those eyes for the first time.


Then I learned your favourite color.

Realized how easily you can paint a smile across my serious disposition.

I started practicing learning you.

Thinking about you a little too much in my spare time.


Then the three thoughts changed.

Probably lovers,

Possibly friends,

But definitely not nothing.


Then things started to change.

I realized that only went one way.

I started anticipating the feeling of you pulling away.


Your sentences became shorter as my grip became stronger on a love that was falling through my fingertips.

You took my smile as easily as you had given it.


The three thoughts chime one more time.

Probably nothing,

Possibly friends,

But definitely,

Not lovers.


-WhitneyHansonPoetry & JoeyKidney

No comments:

Post a Comment